BlaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhG!

I have no idea why anyone would want to read this ridicullious c*&@ that I write because I am bored, but this blog is about stuff. You know Israel, cooking, family life, politics, entertainment...stuff. Whatever is on my mind! Enjoy!

Monday, July 24, 2006

J & Y's Excellent Adventure

Just checking in from the road (gotta' love hotels with wireless internet access!)

I saw B off to camp on the bus this morning. He's SO big now. WOW! For me it was the first day of preschool all over again. I dropped him off, thinking that he was going to chicken out, or have separation anxiety, breakdown bawling crying "don't leave me mommy", something. Instead he happily got on the bus, picked his seat, and waved to us as the bus drove away with a big smile on his face (very much like the first day of preschool). This always leaves me crying inside. I know that it means that he's well adjusted and independant, but a mommy wants to feel missed. We need that crying to help us break loose. Oh well. Hopfully he's still happy now that he's there.

A couple hours later, Y and I left on our road trip to Chicago. It took us about 5 1/2 hours to get to Skokie, but the last 45 minutes were really the detour we took to avoid the construction an the Dan Ryan. (I've been told by at least two people already that it would have taken me longer to go straight).

We got to the hotel at 5:30 Chicago time (Y thinks it's very cool that he gets an extra hour of Cartoon Network here). We had dinner at Ken's (YUM!) with my great aunt, which was so fun. Now we are - you guessed it - watching the Cartoon Network.

Tomorrow we will do Chicago, go out to eat again, and then head to western Michigan for the next leg of our trip. I will try to post again tomorrow.

Jenn

2 Comments:

  • At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jenn, I truely enjoyed reading all of your blaaaaaaahhhhhGs. You are a fabulous writer. Keep them comming.
    Love Mom

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Faye said…

    OOOH kens! I love the Buddy Burger. I hope you and Y enjoyed your trip.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home