BlaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhG!

I have no idea why anyone would want to read this ridicullious c*&@ that I write because I am bored, but this blog is about stuff. You know Israel, cooking, family life, politics, entertainment...stuff. Whatever is on my mind! Enjoy!

Sunday, June 25, 2006

My Gangsters and All My Thugs...

"Where's my gangstas and all my thugs?
Throw them hands up and show some love
And I Welcome you to Detroit City
I said welcome to Detroit City"


WARNING: Explicit Lyrics. Don't listen if you are easily offended. Do not play in front of your kids or your grandmom!
Click above to play song.

I have been hearing this song on the radio for months and thinking, "I wish I could think of a way to incorporate it into my blog." I mean I don't encounter many blatant gangsters and thugs in my daily travels and, while many would categorize some of the rabbis and community leaders as such in Detroit, I didn't really think that dictating where people are allowed to shop for groceries, bread, pizza, etc .. really qualified using it.

So on Thursday I got into my car to head to school. And the song was on again. And I thought, "how can I put this in my blog," again. The song ended and I crossed over 8 Mile to get onto the Lodge when, all of the sudden, a bloddied, dazed guy ran right out in front of my car. I mean, bloddied is an understatement. Half of his face was torn off and he was COVERED in blood. I don't know if he was shot, beaten or hit by a car, but something really bad happened to this guy, and all of the bystanders were pointing in the other direction, telling some story of where the perpetrator fled no doubt.

All of these burly African American men were chasing him (to help him - not to shoot him - not everyone in Detroit is trigger happy - thank you). They caught him on the side of the road and started to calm him down, when a nurse pulled up and ran out of her car (again to help him, not to shoot him). I decided that there was no reason for me to get out of the car, so I proceeded on my way, shaken, but content that I finally had the material to use my favorite Detroit themed Hip Hop song!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home