BlaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhG!

I have no idea why anyone would want to read this ridicullious c*&@ that I write because I am bored, but this blog is about stuff. You know Israel, cooking, family life, politics, entertainment...stuff. Whatever is on my mind! Enjoy!

Thursday, February 03, 2005

First Post

Well I started a blog today. What, you may ask, will it contain. Anyone who knows me well, knows that it will contain a little bit of everything (Judaism, politics, Israel, entertainment, etc...). Anyone who knows me well also knows that, at the least, it will be good for a laugh or two on occasion. So check in regularly!!!

Lets get started with last night's State of the Union Address. I have to admit that I wasn't feeling great (and who can listen to that with a splitting headache), so I only watched the first 2 minutes. As such I went to bed extremely confused as to why the Bush's had invited Monica Lewinsky to sit next to the first lady. I mean this was really bothering me all night. Like were they trying to get back at the Clintons for something?

Today I went to the White House web site (yes I am a bored loser with NO life right now)and watched some of the speech there. Turns out the Monica look-a-like was Safia Taleb al-Suhail (say that 10 times fast!), leader of the Iraqi Womens Political Council. Well good for her, but still, she could play some wicked practical jokes on Hillary.

Also, boiling my blood lately is the rabinical cell phone ban in Israel. Rabinical bans in general tend to rouse my ire. We have got to stop blaming our communities' problems on innanimate objects. Cell phones, TV's, radios, internet... These don't cause people to stray. Something within the person causes them to do so. We are living in a time where the Torah concepts of human decency are ignored. We are judging others, speaking lushon hara (gossip), and ignoring all sorts of other problems that are rampant. Instead of addressing these issues, many would rather shift focus over to a hanful who are using technology for bad things. I have a camera phone with internet capabilities. I use it to take pictures of my kids and send them immediately to my mother several hundred miles away. It is improving my life and not ruining it in anyway.

Well - now that we've established that I am a loser, a ditz and and appikorus, I think I will get back to my cooking. I will try to post again this weekend. To all 2 or 3 of you who will probably read this - Keep it real.

Jenn

1 Comments:

  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger Faye said…

    Wow Jenn, that is Pink! So now you have one as well. Congratulations, now you too can rant to an untold audience of 5.....
    Shabbat Shalom!
    Faye

     

Post a Comment

<< Home